• a m z y a m i •: The world doesn't stop.

Disclaimer.

I tend to write for fun. There's no specific theme for this blog, thus the entries are vary. Some entries may be personal, some may not. But since I post them up publicly I guess that makes no difference.

Writing, is a way of expressing. This medium let mute people speak their minds. This medium let those with low self-esteem to be outspoken. This medium let those who endure every pain to release their tense.

Regards,
SA.

20121015

The world doesn't stop.

Outside, the sun was shining and people were going about their business. A woman ran to put money in the parking meter. Another carried groceries. Charlotte had a million thoughts running in her mind: How much time to we have left? How will we manage? How will we pay the bills?

My old professor, meanwhile, was stunned by the normalcy of the day around him. Shouldn't the world stop? Don't they know what has happened to me?

But the world did not stop, it took no notice at all, and as Morrie pulled weakly on the car door, he felt as if he was dropping into a hole.

Now what? He thought.


- Albom, Mitch (2006). Tuesdays With Morrie. United States of America : Anchor Books. p.8.

I'm not sure how many times have I read this novel, but every time I finished reading this, I felt as if another journey has yet to begun. This particular I wrote up here, along with the APA citation (haha ye, kegelabahan di situ) is about Morrie, Albom's Sociology professor back in his university days.

Morrie didn't only teach Mitch Albom about the meaning of socius and logos, he didn't teach Albom about the meaning of psyche and logos. He taught Albom about the meaning of life. Morrie Schwartz was told that he had two years to live. He expected less. He went out of the hospital, and he saw this view. And, it made me thinking.

Even if I were to give up on life, the world will never stop and announce to everyone that I have given up on life. If I were to excel and succeed in everything I do, the world will keep on rotating on its orbit. If I were to be involved in an accident, will the whole world stop moving and pay their condolences towards me? If I were to get married, will the whole world stop moving and congratulate me and my husband?

Just who am I, for the world to stop, and put the spotlight on me? Even when Prophet died, the companions didn't stop there. They continued the journey of the Prophet.

Yes, there is a death every second. Yet, the world doesn't stop. It won't, until He tells the world to stop.

1 comment: