• a m z y a m i •: 68 - There's a light at the end of the tunnel :)

Disclaimer.

I tend to write for fun. There's no specific theme for this blog, thus the entries are vary. Some entries may be personal, some may not. But since I post them up publicly I guess that makes no difference.

Writing, is a way of expressing. This medium let mute people speak their minds. This medium let those with low self-esteem to be outspoken. This medium let those who endure every pain to release their tense.

Regards,
SA.

20110325

68 - There's a light at the end of the tunnel :)

Peace be upon you reader(s)!

I would like to congratulate each and every SPM candidates 2010, be it all As or no A at all, let bygones be bygones. We are all winners ya! (Ayat tipikal)

From now onwards, everyone is busy applying this, applying that, going here, going there. Many are still undecided about what course they should pursue upon. No worries, do whatever your heart tells you to. As long as it isn't against the religion, feel free to do it.

Okay I'm waaaaaaaaaaaay out of topic. Actually I've been wanting to share this with you reader(s);


I met Tuan Syed Abu Bakar when he was the headmaster of Sik English School . He opened the school from nothing . Not even a chair or a desk . Not even a piece of chalk . He was alone .He had to run to and fro searching for everything . Borrowed the left-out colonial benches from Sekolah Melayu Sik . He walloped everything that comes through .At that time there were no lorries in Sik . He carried the left-over benches by a bullock-cart belong to the district office . He 'tumpang' the verandah of the community hall for his class . He was not only the headmaster but a teacher , office-boy , clerk , the school caretaker , the sweeper and the canteen-man . He represented everybody that needs to run a school . He collected school fees by barter trading . Parents brought eggs and chickens . He transfered those to money but buying the products . During fruits season ,he had to buy the fruits . Whaooo , what teacher he was.

Sik was then still rural,very rural . No good roads , no electricity , no water-supply . Nothing at all . Luckily there was a rest house , only the house with no facilities . It was there Tuan Syed slept and his only friend was Dollah Panjang . Dollah was a left-out boy . He had no proper education even at sekolah melayu . Dollah assisted Tuan Syed when asked for . If Tuan Syed being called to the education office in Alor Setar , it was Dollah who looked after the school . When Tuan Syed was away , Dollah will tell everybody around that he was the assistant headmaster. By no time . Dollah also could speak english . Tuan Syed gave no chance conversing in english . Even the rural parents could utter a few words of english.

When the school building was built in the middle of the kampong , there was still no proper road . It was fit only for kumpulan kembara FWD . It was a mile from pekan Sik . Tuan Syed was no panic . He only grumbled , who the hell chose the site . He had to buy a lambretta to go to school. During rainy season he used his KAKI ( walk) .

As times goes by , Sekolah Aneka Jurusan was introduced . Tuan Syed once more was chosen to run that school . Also from nothing . He had to  'tumpang' sekolah melayu Sik and the chinese school . He had to run the classes in the afternoon. So Tuan Syed now hold 2 posts : as headmaster of Sik English School and The supervisor of Sekolah Menengah Aneka Jurusan Sik . Till then he had still no school clerk for both schools . He used his own pocket money and employed Cik Sopiah Abd. Rahim as a school clerk . Her salary was 30 ringgit a month.

God willing , I will write more about Tuan Syed and other kirkbyites that I know ........so standby .

Till we meet again .
Regards to all.


And that was a story about my late-grandfather. He was a very inspiring man, and he was my inspiration. I want to be like him - someone else's inspiration. And THAT is my ultimate (duniawi :P) goal. So, for those who didn't score as high as expected, or lower than expected, it's okay. Even I didn't score that much T,T but I know that if my late-grandfather could do something inspirational from scratch, why can't I?

Jom! Kita cuba jadi inspiration orang lain, from different aspects lah of course :)
Regards,
Amzyami.

3 comments:

  1. Mirer, lama tak jumpa awak.

    I LOVE THIS POST <3

    All the best for all of us, and congratulations to you dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atey; baru jumpa awak semalam :P congrats & all the best, too! thanks :)

    Huda; I love it too! Haha perasan :P makasih hudaaaa`

    ReplyDelete