• a m z y a m i •: The Purple Bag

Disclaimer.

I tend to write for fun. There's no specific theme for this blog, thus the entries are vary. Some entries may be personal, some may not. But since I post them up publicly I guess that makes no difference.

Writing, is a way of expressing. This medium let mute people speak their minds. This medium let those with low self-esteem to be outspoken. This medium let those who endure every pain to release their tense.

Regards,
SA.

20130410

The Purple Bag

Peace be upon you reader(s)!

If,
Rebecca Bloomwood is the girl in the green scarf,
Mrs Ted Mosby is the girl in the yellow umbrella,

Then,
I'm the girl in the purple bag. Ceh nak juga.

No, seriously. I'm keeping a straight face right now. Here, let me share some stories regarding le purple bag.

It was 2009 when I first bought the bag with my sisters. And, coincidentally, my jiran sejati bought the same bag as well. Hers was pink. A bright hot pink. We went to the same school, rode the same van, in the same class, held the same textbooks, and yes, the same bag. Even our heights were somewhat similar.

Anyway. I've never realized how obvious the bag is, until people recognize me as the one who carries the purple bag.

One.
In Statistics class, all four of us sat in the back row. Suddenly Kak Izzah asked me,

"Amirah, awak kenal Kak ______? Dia budak AIKOL."

"Uhm tak, kenapa?"

"Eh? Haritu akak nampak awak jalan dengan dia dekat HS Cafe? Serious tak kenal?" *tunjuk gambar*

"Haha, serious kita tak kenal, kak."

"Oh akak salah orang ke? Tapi haritu dia jalan dengan orang pakai beg purple..."

Two.
Rasya and I just got back from finishing up our assignment, it was around 0200 hours. We were on our way to our blocks when suddenly we heard Syahiirah's voice from behind.

"Amiraaaaaaaaah!"

"Eh Syahiirah! Apasal balik lambat sangat?"

"I had Islamic Ethics discussion in Hafsah. What about you guys?"

"Baru habis assignment Prophetic. I heard someone calling my name, never thought it would be you though."

"I know it was you as soon as I saw your bag la. I was like, tu mesti Amirah!"

Three.
I was waiting for Ninie, in the middle of the mosque square. I brought a different bag that day. Ninie came over and said,

"Laaa padanlah tak jumpa! Kita mencari beg purple tadi. Uuu, dia bawak beg lainnn."

***

I'm beginning to have an affection towards this bag, as how obsessed I got over my previous watch. Yes, the bracelet-like colourful watch that ended up broken because of a little fight with my sister. I looked for the exact same watch after that, but they didn't sell the same model anymore.

Oh well, I'm just so grateful on how loyal I can be towards a bag. 

2 comments:

  1. mee too! i've been using the same yellow coloured bag for almost 2 yrs, and still counting!!

    which sister did u fought with?

    i hope she s not ur 2nd sister, atiqah. She s too decent. i really cant imagine if she did that to u.

    long live atiqah!!!!! #readytovote B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah kantoi pulak tsilap post, not as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete