Peace be upon you reader(s)!
Okay, as my fingers hop from a key to another key on this keyboard, my heart is nearly about to explode. Guess why?
I'm tired of people downgrading other people.
I'm going to deduct it into - downgrading others based on what they're studying about in campus.
Of course, we know that people's impressions differ when they hear about the names of courses. Medic? Fuyoh. Engineering? Fuyoh. Biochemistry? Fuyoh. Architecture? Fuyoh. Linguistics? Er. History? Er. Mass Communication? Er. Syariah? Er.
Frankly speaking, I'm sick and tired of such stereotyping. It has been ongoing ever since I was in Form 4. Science Stream & Art Stream. Gee, everything has its own pros and cons lah bruh!
My point is, why should a person being labelled according to what they study?
Such stereotypes will make people feel more inferior. They'll feel pressured. What if, they are really into language and at the same time they can do well in sciences? So you would oppose if they want to be a linguist because lunguists apparently have less future than scientists? My question remains one,
What if, she grows up to be a scientist, and turns out to have an unhappy life?
Because, she loves languages. So, wouldn't she start with having What Ifs in her mind? And, her current life will (nauzubillah) turn upside down. That is, if she can't handle the situation with wisdom.
As always, we have to choose in between two. Passion and Future. If you have passion in writing but you can't write properly than you should be worried of your future. If you know this-kind-of-job has better future but you have no interest at all in studying that particular subject, then, that's a big problem.
But then again, if Allah wants it to happen then it will be. Before I wrote down the list of subjects I wanted to major in (there were five.), of course, istikharah was the best solution. I was stuck in between Psychology and Mass Comm. The answer was given and alhamdulillah, I got what I wanted.
I'm not ashamed to stand by my principle. I'm not ashamed to tell people what I'm studying.
Even if they ask, "Eh, ambil Human Sciences ni ada masa depan ke?"
Yes, HS Student Society (as a representative for all HS students) was asked that question. We even brought this question into our meeting. Talk about arrogance from the other team. TALK ABOUT INSENSITIVITY.
And my answer was, "Rezeki tu Allah yang bagi. Percaya dekat Allah."
Ps; Sorry, tadi kena bash lagi pasal benda ni. And I'm tired of this. Bruhh, labeling others is SO primary school.
Ps; Sorry, tadi kena bash lagi pasal benda ni. And I'm tired of this. Bruhh, labeling others is SO primary school.
saya suka sesiapa yang study what they love <3
ReplyDeletepeople will forever see the negative side of others'. be strong mirer tinggi !