• a m z y a m i •: 60 - Dear You.

Disclaimer.

I tend to write for fun. There's no specific theme for this blog, thus the entries are vary. Some entries may be personal, some may not. But since I post them up publicly I guess that makes no difference.

Writing, is a way of expressing. This medium let mute people speak their minds. This medium let those with low self-esteem to be outspoken. This medium let those who endure every pain to release their tense.

Regards,
SA.

20110131

60 - Dear You.


Dear You,

We have known each other for 6 years now.

When I first met you, I was being judgmental. I thought of you as someone who could accompany me throughout the hard times I knew I would be facing. And, the reason why we were so attached to each other was mainly because - we needed each other to survive.

I was still an amateur back then. I thought I knew a lot about islam yet I knew so little! I thought I was the best muslimah there ever was but who knows? A free-haired girl might be more preoccupied in her prayers rather than I was. I didn't know that we had to always improve ourselves. I was so full of myself, and I looked down to you.

But now, after all these years, we have both grown up to be teenagers, anak daras and better muslimah, insyaAllah.

You made me realize that just because I went (still can't grasp the fact that I have finished high school :/ ) to an islamic school, it doesn't mean that I know everything about islam. There are still a lot to discover.

I like it when you ask me about islam. It proves that you are eager to know more. And, sometimes, you make me feel ashamed of myself, when I can't answer some of your questions - even the simplest ones I've learned! It proves how engrossed I am as a muslim and how am I so lack of interest to know more about islam. You made me learn lots of things, in just a night's conversation.

So now I pray to Allah, praying that we can be together in His road, uphold His deen. But remember, to vindicate this religion, we shall not work alone.

United we stand, divided we fall.

A friend that will always love you,
Amzyami.

2 comments:

  1. teringat kata2 kat bilik yg kita usrah hr tu...mksdnya lbh krg 'jgn mmandang rendah pd seseorang sbb boleh jd amalan dia lebih diterima dan dipandang ALLAH'..so, dont judge a book by its cover!! hehe :D

    p/s: ana pon x dpt trima lg knyataan yg kite da alumni~ but this is real! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hannan, BETUUUUUL! ana tgk kwn ana tu mcm wow, hebatnyeeeeee. ana yg segan dgn die, huu. kte dah alumni sebulan! tepat sebulan~

    ReplyDelete